Monday, August 15, 2011

Assumption

Today is the Feast of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin. Being the day of obligation, I stormed from my workplace to the church I frequent. It was a blessing I arrived just in time for the Gospel.

Mary was assumed body and soul into heaven. Today, not only this commemoration transpired before the holy banquet, but one assumption of praises and faith transcended beyond the boundary of norms.

He had unexplainable haircut: close to a full shave seemingly patterned after the famous mysterious signs that invaded the corn crops. His tattooed body glistened under the warm light that burnished the church. His whole ensemble contradicted with the ambience of the holy ground of God. I thought someone must have forced him to attend, that it might have been his first time. But God proved His point. This man, in his most solitude communion with Him, clasped his hands in fervent prayer. His voice chorused with the congregation. His smudged facade, overshadowed by his great faith, was too fragile to contain the tsunami of thanksgiving bursting from his heart, he spewed a beautiful string of total union with the One Above. Disappointing all negations. He vividly reminded me of the Canaanite woman whose daughter Jesus healed in the Sunday's gospel.

Mother Mary and Jesus' divine tandem was at work today. His presence was an affirmation.

No comments:

Post a Comment