Sunday, July 3, 2011

Home

it has been a long time since I attended the Legion of Mary meeting in my local parish. They have swayed to the rhythm of change, faces came and went, and new friendship and membership had been established successfully. The meeting place has migrated to an air-conditioned sanctuary.

I also attended a mass conducted in my native tongue. I recall a friend who told me she was touched by the Tagalog version of the Our Father after hearing it again. Greener pasture achievable only in the foreign land, it drowned the reverberated Our Father. It was out of the earshot of our memories. To hear the local Mass songs after a long time brought back memories of comfort it was hard to contain. I was hit by the same nostalgic feeling. I got teary-eyed on a lazy, Sunday afternoon.

But the happiest realization? I am finally home. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment