Sunday, July 17, 2011

Sweets on Sunday Morning

I missed the first day of my Sunday catechism class last week due to my vacation in the Philippines. So today technically was my first.

The three classes were combined. The other teacher is also away on vacation, the level coordinator thought I still was. I marched to the second floor and began recognizing my kids amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces. The moment they laid their eyes on me, they got excited and uttered my name at a tone higher than normal. My girl student even asked me why I was absent from last week's meeting. I thought they wouldn't even notice.

I handed out the little souvenirs from my beach trip, one for each kids. The sincerity in their voices expressing their gratitude over what I considered trivial touched the very core of my being. The kids were so sweet they melted my heart away. I can't wait to see them again next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment